SDWC Productions is a new theatrical productions company set up in 2015 by Effie Stevenson, following a Stage One Bursary Award.
The Company's producing credits include Lionel Bart & Alun Owen's Maggie May, the European Premieres of Adding Machine: A Musical (Finborough Theatre) and The Burnt Part Boys (Park 90) as well as the revival of award winning West End shows I'm Getting My Act Together & Taking it on the Road (Jermyn Street Theatre) and Thoroughly Modern Millie (Landor Theatre).
Our shows have received a total of eleven Off West End nominations and a total of 18 Broadway World UK nominations. The Company won Broadway World UK BEST LONDON FRINGE PRODUCTION in 2016 and was OFFIE finalist in BEST MUSICAL PRODUCTION, BEST MUSICAL DIRECTION & BEST SET DESIGN for the shows at Park and Finborough theatres winning BEST SET DESIGN.
The SDWC mission and core values are as follows:
- To deliver productions of high artistic, technical and management standards and which befit the ground-breaking work we undertake.
- To stage productions which are new to the UK or have not been revived for some time and support the development of emerging talent across all the theatre disciplines.
- To use design, technology and other resources creatively in order to deliver an entertaining and thought-provoking experience.
- To deliver socially relevant productions which are informed by a clearly articulated relationship with the audience community.
- To ensure we work safely, honestly and collaboratively in an open manner as a team with our partners, cast, creatives, crew and theatre staff.
- The company has adopted the Royal Court Theatre Code of Conduct on Bullying & Sexual Harassment.
- We are committed to ensuring that everything we do is as environmentally responsible and sustainable by recycling our sets, props and costumes. Items which cannot be recycled, but are useable, are donated to charities.